on Sunday, August 7, 2011




August 7, 2011. My Birthday.

There's just one thing I wanted most for my birthday. No fancy celebration, just family gathering. And my mom, with my sis and the rest of the gang did just that.

I woke up this morning being greeted by a series of hugs and kisses from my three nieces. Of course Dannecka and JayJay were nowhere to be found... you might say they found some computer shop to spend their time to because their Auntie Gaga doesn't want her laptop to be touched.

Then my mom prepared this delicious and very very tempting breakfast of GINATAANG KALABASA. Wow... Who wouldn't want to wake up in the morning with the way I did.

Then I saw my brother grilling the TULINGAN mom bought earlier. Of course my sister is nowhere to be found... she does that all the time you know. Sleep the wee hours to avoid the chores of the day. Typical you might say. So we help prepare the CARBONARA mom is an expert at. Danneck was in charged with the FRUIT SALAD because she is very good at desserts. My sister is still asleep. No hope for her

It was 12 o'clock when the table was finally set. I love the simplicity of my birthday because my mom's cooking is all it matters when it comes to KAINAN. I wouldn't want to order anything from fast food chains when the best TUNA CARBONARA is being served and GRILLED TULINGAN (with Pinakurat vinegar) and plenty of hotdogs for the kids. It was a blast. It was perfect.



I thought that the day couldn't be anymore enjoyable until my brother and my sister decided to play TONG-ITS and of course accompanied with bets. Lots and lots of bets. I was the underdog of course... my sister and my brother are always fighting about who wins and who loses and who cheated their way through. It never changes you know... I just thought that of all the times they're arguing... it that moment that I know I wouldn't want any other sister or brother than these two. I am ready to lose at any battle as long as I have them to argue along the way.



The TANDUAY ICE is the best beverage while we saw the three kids dance as their GIFT to me. My nieces are such good dancers. They are mana to their tita. ^___^



Then it was nightime and dinner was served. I didn't quiet enjoyed it because mom and I hurried to attend Mass to a nearby church. Along the way we had some talk and as usual, we planned about the family's future. I told her that I will be with her every step of the way... blah blah blah... my mom may never show it but she is terrified about my future... and challenger as I am... I am excited to show her that I can make it. I won't be her daughter for nothing if I couldn't.

So we went home and buy Ice Cream which is consumed minutes after. That is how Domingo Family pillage the food even from our fridge. It doesn't get old.

Then it was time to thank people who greeted in the facebook world. Check emails and write this blog, A day has gone by and I didn't feel alone... it was just a glorious feeling of being alive and be love by the people who matter.

My wish? Is that I will grow old and still have this zest for life that I almost let go of. Thanks to the people who believe in me. It's almost a cliche saying/writing that but you wouldn't think so months ago had you seen me then... but then again... the past is history and the future is a mystery... and today is A GIFT. That's why it's called PRESENT.

I hope you all get to spend it to the people who matters. Just like I did mine. ^___^