on Monday, December 26, 2011


December 15, 2011. LANI'S WEDDDING

It was one of those days when you wake up in the morning and you feel like there's nothing special about that day... but then again... to two particular people... it's a day to remember.

I have never been privy to Lani and Aldrin's Love Story. I never so much as asked them how did they meet and how exactly did Aldrin proposed... I just knew that you can never imagine a couple perfect for each other than these two. Well there's also my friend Maju and Marwin but that would be another post now would it?

I prepared myself for December 15 to come. Sadly I wasn't able to buy a gown because I just didn't feel like wearing one. I thought I'm sure Lani would understand and that it isn't the dress that counts... it's the presence.

I rode a taxi to Santuario De San Jose in Greenhills just so I could come before the wedding starts. Lani was there but somewhat preoccupied. You would be when you're the bride. But that didn't stop Macel and I from goind around the church and stole Lani shots from my niece's Canon 1100D camera.

It's true what they say that the bride always looks radiant on her wedding day. I would say that I find Lani an attractive woman in normal days... but at that time... she was glowing... serene... beautiful.  

Way back then she was just this petite girl like me studying in UPLB and trying to get through exams and all those things. Now she's marrying the guy she loves and all the world is as it should be.




Naturally, I met with Ate Liza and her family before and after the weddinf. We caught up a little on what's happening and TANDAG of course is always one topic Tandaganons couldn't quite avoid. I told Ate Liza that there was no way for me to visit my hometown because the Domingo Clans already relocated here in Manila.

After the wedding, we spent a little more of an hour to get to the reception which is the LIGHT OF LOVE Integrity Pavilion in Quezon City. 

I was greeted with lush decorations and very elegant table settings. The waiters were serving hors doeuvres while waiting for the newly married to enter the ballroom. Of course, nothing could stop Macel from studying the camera I brought because she too have been planning to get one of those DLSR camera before the year ends.

All I can say with the place is that... it's MAGICAL. The lights in the trees is a simple adornment to the place but the impact is quiet amazing. I imagine Lani being enchanted when she first laid eyes on Light of Love.

The food was great. I particularly liked eating my dessert because it was refreshing especially the Choco Mousse. I'm a sucker for chocolate.



When it was time for us to go... we didn't bother the bride and groom who were enjoying themselves in the festivities. Instead, I bade goodbye to Ate Liza and Lani's Parents for a wonderful wedding. It was one fo the lush wedding I attended. Not only did I get the chance to witness a wedding... I also witnessed FOREVER.



So to you Lani and Aldrin... You don't have to be a perfect couple. You just have to be one. Goodluck! Love yah!