on Sunday, November 6, 2011
Nov 7, 2011, 1:30 am


I wasn’t really planning on watching Che-Che Lazaro Presents SUICIDE last night. But because a person close to my heart is currently suffering from depression… I felt that I had to educate myself and be aware of the social stigma happening in our society now which is SUICIDE.


I like how Che-Che Lazaro presented the topic by tackling the issue by perspective. The first perspective presented was from a daughter whose father committed suicide. The only thing I can remember about it was that her father came from a family who, almost all its members took their lives. Had I been in her position, I wouldn’t have the strength to come clean and discuss the topic about it. What really devastated her about it was that THEY DIDN’Y KNOW HOW TO HANDLE IT.

And then the second view came from an impoverished town wherein the suicide rate is off the charts. Folks who committed them had simple problems like being scolded by parents, being betrothed to someone and then rejected or that they didn’t have the means to support a family. According to the teacher who volunteered her services on educating the younger ones, if the people in that town were being educated about how serious it is to take a life, especially our own, perhaps the town would have less suicide a year. The main problem in this town is POVERTY. Surprisingly, the people in the town viewed suicide as if it was no big deal. They even hailed the person who committed it as strong… but I consider it backward thinking. Who could really blame these people?… it’s what their society dictates… And few of us look deeper and these people just had simple life that taking their own isn’t really that mind-boggling.

And then there was this man who bravely confesses that it was in his youth that he discovered that there was something wrong with him. He was SLEEPLESS, COULDN’T EAT… and he was in bed for days. And then all of the sudden, he is okay again. I knew right then that what he had is a BI-POLAR disorder. I heard Catherine Zeta-Jones have it… I heard one of my friends have it… and maybe if all people are keen enough to assess one of their loves ones on these symptoms… then maybe we could all stop everybody from committing SUICIDE.


It was such an enlightenment that people who have gone through all this has the courage to man up and tell the audience that YES, THIS PROBLEM OF DEPRESSION EXISTS AND WE HAVE TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT.

Awareness is the first step to great knowledge. How would you know that you have much to learn if you haven’t got any idea that you needed to learn something in the first place…

So to you people who suffers from depression out there… I had been in that place and it was ugly and shitty… and all I can say is that you need people like me to walk you through it… at least give me a chance to help… you can reach me at 09219930214. And it's okay not to be okay. =)


You can talk to me. 


At anytime. At anyplace. Just don’t turn out to be a psychopath or a rapist or a pervert. ^___^