on Sunday, October 23, 2011

Oct. 23, 2011, Sucat House

It's been a long while since I sat down in my not so comfy chair by the dining area and write spontaneously. I was busy shipping on somebody and it seems that I couldn't get enough of Nathan Fillion.

I heard on how CASTLE has rave reviews and I always see their pictures in my Tumblr dashboard. So I decided to take a peek on the Pilot Episode and since then... I couldn't get enough of Nathan Fillion. 

In Castle, he plays Richard Castle who shadows NYPD Detective Kate Beckett (played by Stana Katic) while she is out solving murders in the streets of New York. It's an unusual set-up but it works. Richard Castle has been instrumental in solving crimes and Kate has sides of her that as the show goes on... it keeps you at the edge of your seat second-guessing their actions toward each other.


And so I have finished watching Castle Season 1 up to Season 3. They are in Season 4 now and as much as I hate  having to wait weekly for my two heroes. It just gets better and better that I find myself looking forward to Mondays like I still have a job. ^___^


FIREFLY. One of Nathan Fillion's finest works yet came as a surprise. The fact the its was written and created by Joss Whedon (One who also created Buffy) didn't even crossed my mind that it would have am impact in the way I would see myself in a few weeks.

I was just addicted to Firefly like any other geek out there who felt robbed of my right to see quality shows like it. It was somewhat bittersweet upon reading that Nathan would've bought the rights to the series if he won a lottery or something. Which makes me wonder... where was I when firefly was airing the US and wanted my support?




Thankfully though... they had made a movie SERENITY in continuum to the series. Nathan Fillion even won in his role as Malcolm Reynolds in this futuristic setting. He won that award even when Firefly was 3 years cancelled at that time. I love everything about the show. Its ensemble cast... the darkness of the REAVERS looming and the threat of ALLIANCE just around the corner. It was a great show. Damn. It was such a great show.




So this is about the actor of my two favorite show on TV. It's hard not to like Nathan Fillion because he is just so likable. He was the anti-hero in FIREFLY and he is this charming metro-sexual turned crime-fighter in CASTLE. Gotta love also the fact that Stana Katic is still single. Why don't you two hook up then? ^___^