on Thursday, April 21, 2011


March 12-14, 2011, Cebu City

We were prepping ourselves for the trip of the Month because my family and I will be flying to Cebu to witness the pre-nuptial party of my cousin Charmaine Bandoy and her husband-to-be.

The party was held in Maribago Bluewaters which can likened to paradise with its cabanas and white sand beach. The party was so beautiful not only because it happened in the resort... it was beautiful because it's not everyday you get to witness the vows of two people who promised to love one another and accept each other for who they are.

It started with the bride being transported by a boat and was delivered to the place where her husband-to-be was waiting. The vows were done near the waters where daisies and candles were lit as the ceremony was commencing, the distant sun dove it way to another place and we were left with candles burning in the sand and tents were already set up for the celebration ahead. All I can remember was how good it felt being able to see two people with so much love.

I know LOVE will find me again one day but not now I guess. When I said candles burning in the sand... it has its literal meaning. I enjoyed every bit of entertainment at that night especially the flying balloon they orchestrated.

              
Left: The bride and groom were the last one to made the balloon flew. Right: Me and my niece.
The night was a success. Cousins and relatives were pouring out. It was a great time for us to have the reunion from the father side of the family. The great thing about it was our grandmother who was the matriarch of the DOMINGO clan barely remember us as her grandchildren. Everytime one apo approached her and introduced ourselves, we had to cite our name and after seconds... she'll forget them. I have never been close to my grandma because I grew up away from her... but it was so good to see her and tell my dad about it when he called from overseas and check up if we ever get to see our lola. I guess my father has always been a mama's boy.

The next morning, we enjoyed the resort with the beach and pools it offered. We chilled and relaxed with our relatives and for the first time in my life... I realized that Domingos from Manila, Davao, Cebu... we were almost complete... and the only regret that I have is that my father was not able to experience that. I hope that someday... a daughter like me could give him a gift like that... no brands... no perks... just the time in the world to catch up with his family.

After a little gathering... we were off to set our different ways... some are leaving the same day... some were staying to stroll Cebu (like we did)... but before that... we had the Domingo family picture for us to cherish.

The DOMINGO Family (Maribago Bluewaters, March 13, 2011)
The Cebu trip was unforgetable. I went to Cebu las October 2010 to visit my friends... I think it's God's way of making me went there to scour the place with my friends Froucan, Tweet, Jose, Geoffrey and John so that come March 2011, I will serve as the guide to my mom and my sister and pamangkins.
I made sure we go to Magellan's Cross which was at the center of the city. The original cross was encased with another wood cross. I was amazed by the mural above with its depiction of Magella's journey to the Philippines.

We also detoured to go and stop by the Cebu Metropolitan Cathedral and offered a little prayer. The cathedral is magnificent in its own right.

Then I asked them to reconsider making at least an effort to see the City Hall where Former President Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo made her oath there. My friend told me the former president had to renovate the City Hall and made it look brand-new for the inauguration purposes.

       Left: Us in City Hall,                          Center: My Family in the Basilica,              Right: Metropolitan Cathedral


I always imagined someone to walk down the aisle and expect her groom to be waiting in the altar. I don't imagine the bride to be ME. Hehehe. Sorry guys, not my dream wedding at all but who could resist the temptation this Cathedral is offering... goild trimmings... white interior paint... majestic altar... vast space where your love ones as your witness...

The Cebu Metropolitan Cathedral (Taken March 13, 2011)

So after all the tour of the City, I wouldn't want them to leave Cebu without having to dine to the famous STK restaurant where Sugba, Tuwa and Kilaw is served. Right from the very entrance, we were greeted with this numerous picture frames accounting the celebrities who dined there... Naturally, my mom was surprised when after the sumptuous meal we had... it only costed us Php1500 more or less. It was the best rip off of the whole trip.


    

Of course we had the taste of the city during the night when we went for a little sight-seeing and walk around THE WALK. My mom and my bestfriend Froucan met once again after a very long time. I would've stayed with my friends but I had to accompany my family to the hotel. We said our goodbyes and not 'til Froucan hugged me once again and told me a bit or two about being able to wait and live my life to the fullest.
 
From Left: Froucan, Necka, me, Jose, Jazl, Josah, Miller, my mom, Jay-Jay, Jan and Tweet.


I couldn't start my summer a much better way than what we had in Cebu. The family reunion, the friends getting together... What it taught me during my trip there was that in order for me to start patching up the things in my life... I HAVE TO GO BACK TO BASICS.

Yah you will say... yedeyah... yedeyadah... but believe me when I say that when you look at me in the pictures... I'm okay... but inside I'm not. That's why the family and friends surrounding me were appreciated. They may not know it but it was good to know that I have many people loving me just as I am. And although I haven't reached out to them for help... I know they would be there at my beck and call.

I have gone to my roots and learned a few things. The Domingo family is huge and with it are powerful women who are now managers of banks and director of some tv network. I for one can boast that I had my share of success but of course... I have much to learn. And I know that my prince is out there... but for now... I want to be as ready as I can be when I meet him. And hopefully, he can accept me as a smart, able and very very intuitive young woman that I am and not discard me as someone of a competition in which my salary bracket is important.

Ahem. Enough of that though. So here it is... my first operation to rediscover the world and ne whole once again. If you decide to go on this journey with me... I'll be at the fun run in Alabang come May 15. This is my secong time to run so I'm nervous as well as excited.

See yah there. =)