on Sunday, April 24, 2011


April 10, 2011, SM Mall of Asia

It was a spur of the moment invitation when my Ate way back from Los Banos decided that instead of us meeting over the weekend... why not do it during fun run at MOA led by Kapuso star Richard Gutierrez. Believe me I'm not one of his fans but Ate Joy told me that she just wants to see the glimpse of the actor so I went ahead and enroll myself to participate.

I haven't run for a couple of months now. Ever since I lost weight drastically, my mom asked me to stop going to the gym. For the life of me I didn't quiet understand why I lost so much weight when I had only been running for less that 20 minutes every weekend... my 62 Kg weight went down to 38 Kg. Yes, unbelievable as it may seem but my friends were surprised and couldn't believe it. I went from large sizes to extra small.

Enough of this weight talk...

So anyway... I drag myself from sleep to prep and went to Mall of Asia at 5am in the morning. The rush of cold wind and chill was at bay. I covered myself up and rode an fx to drop me off Baclaran. From there I hailed a cab and made it just in time.

My Ate Joy was nowehere to be found. The crowd was growing and I had to deposit my things so that I could run more effectively. I guess I have to run for 3K to see my Ate Joy again.

Richard Gutierrez was there... I saw Karla Humpries and Iza Calzado. I smiled while I ran when I heard one of the fans screamed "Richard pasabay"... or "Richard hahabulin kita"... it was so much fun hearing the fans do that but I had to beat my time... I made the cut just 27 minutes ofr 3K. I hope that next time... I'll be able to make it 25 down to 20. Haha!

Ambisyosa. Evertime I write... I know I have to always cite a few lessons on why I am writing this. Well... you see... when I am running... I forget the world... I forget all the worries... I forget everything... and what really matters is that I am running.

I hope you all feel the same way I do when I ran. I always felt that everytime. Maybe it's the same with cycling or weight-lifting... but running works for me. And at that moment, the world was still and all that matters is the road ahead and you running in it.

Pretty weird but that's me. Oh before I forget, I saw my Ate Joy after the event and we had a looooonnnngggg talk about where we had been... catching things up and proving that sisters will always be sisters no matter how long you had been away from each other. And there's one more lesson she taught me...

She taught me how to say YES... again...

Thanks Ate Joy. We'll see each other again... maybe this time... 5K run is possible.