on Sunday, May 22, 2011

May 20, 2011, GLORIETTA CINEMAS
Yes, it is one of my dreams. And probably, it's one of yours too. I would say that you could hardly see women of Makati wearing one of these with the weather that is so hot especially this summer. Luckily though... It started raining a bit and it wasn't that hot the next day.

I was thinking to pair it with some skinny jeans I have but then my girly inspiration sprang and I decided to go for a little fun of wearing skirt and topped it with a blouse. I would've wanted a darker shade of boots but I was just happy I could get one of these. After all, a girl dreams what she can. So then when I went to work... the gurl gushed and the boys tweeted.

Wow, it's amazing what a pair of boots can do. Seriously, it was fun living your dream and it makes you kinda feel that you could do just about anything.

And then I remember a phrase of a song... "these boots are made for walking... that's just what they do... one of these days... these boots are gonna walk all over you"...


My friend Yna gushed about her dream of having one too. It was the moment I realized that most of us girls just dreamed of having the perfect boots or the perfect outfit and if God would be kind... a Louboutin perhaps.

Mahirap talagang magboots sa streets ng Makati. But I have seen gurls walking the sidewalk with ala-Sex and the City get-up and they looked nice. I even dreamt of wearing a trench coat during rainy season... or a scarf with just a tank top (although it's not for Office so it's out of the question). Let's say nowadays, I've become more adventurous and I learn to take risks...

Enough of that then. I am here to tell you about my Friday night with some friends. It was planned already since we saw FAST FIVE that we're gonna come back and see Pirates of the Carribean - On Stranger Tides. Oh boy did we enjoy laughing and being entertained by Johnny Depp.


Before we went inside and enjoyed the movie, we hang out for a little while because Bella had some craving of a DQ Mango Cheesecake. We had Jun-Jun to take our pictures and he was all whiny about it. I told him that the only reason we let him go with us because we wanted out pictures taken. Of course it isn't true... or is it? Hehehe. Hi Joners!

  

Here are five of the things I could say that the movie definitely got.


1. FUN - There was a lot of fun watching pirates turning on each other... fun on the journey ahead... I love how they set out for Fountain of Youth and the tricky way to it with all the water on the ceiling as its gateway. I would've wanted the fountain to be magical but I guess it works like just a natural spring where water trickles because when the time comes that Jack gave the two cups, you wouldn't recognize which cup is filled with the TEAR OF A MERMAID.

2. BEAUTIES AND HUNKS - Were you able to glance at the mermaid Syrena there? She was all innocence and did you see that hunky missionary who can't take his eyes off the mermaid. Somehow, their love story is more intriguing than Jack Sparrow and Angelica's. Maybe because the latter did have a relationship already and maybe because it's more exciting to see two people of different worlds colliding into one theme... LOVE. Haaaay... ^___^

3. ACTION - It was action-packed of course with Jack always running and escaping. The stunts were believable and funny. The only one who didn't get much action is Blackbeard with his magical power and his voodoo acts. If you got powers, you don't get to fight. Hehehe. It was only last minute that he fought Barbosa when he was able to show off his prowess but other than that, he is always on the sideline mandating others on what to do.



4. EFFECTS - I like the effect they have done on the mermaids. The tails were so amazing and real-looking. Wow. After that special- effect, I, now, would like to be a mermaid, except for the fangs. Producer Jerry Bruckheimer never ceases to outdo his past productions.


5. STORYLINE & POSSIBLE spin-off - I like the progression of the story because you get to look out for the NEXT STEP in order to get to the fountain of youth as what the Jack's father Captain Teague said. One is a MERMAID'S TEAR, two would be PONCE DE LEON'S 2 SILVER CHALICES. Of course there are some challenges along the way upon getting hold of the needed items.
When they were able to go to the fountain of youth, they were ambushed by the Spaniards and the fountain was destroyed but thankfully Jack did get some of the water and gave it to Angelica and Blackbeard who were injured. Angelica was poisoned, the Blackbeard was stabbed. Now the catch of having to drink the water from the fountain of youth is that with two chalices (both filled with water from the fountain but one is with a mermaid's tear), the one who would drink with a mermaid's tear on it would be doomed and his 40 years would transferred to the one who drink with him but without the tear. Jack tricked Angelica and her father Blackbeard and unwittingly gave Angelica the youth she was willing to sacrifice for her father and Blackbeard was deduced into a skeleton with his 40 years life transferred to Angelica.

Little did you know that it was Blackbeard who captured/took hold of Black Pearl, which is the beloved boat of Captain Jack. Now towards the ending, Gibbs revealed to Jack that he had the Black Pearl on the bottle in which Blackbeard usually made an encasement of the boats he has conquered in. Gibbs was able to sneak the bottle before Barbosa sailed with The Queen Anne's Revenge (his prize for having defeated Blackbeard). The two went off to find a way to restore Black Pearl into its original size... you might want to see how they are going to accomplish such a feat (probably in the next movie) ^___^

So there it is folks. Before we went home last night, we stopped by Krispy Kreme and each ate a donut. We sat by the garden near Glorietta 5 and chatted for a little while.



I went home... washed... dressed... and slept... In my slumber, I could've sworn I am a mermaid... Weh... Hahaha.