on Saturday, May 7, 2011

May 5, 2011, Glorietta, Chris Sports

It was a long time plan for us to register in another fun run. The success I had with MOA was too good not to pass the Run for Life to be held in Alabang. And since Las Pinas was too far off for our friend Glenda for the registration, we had to go to Chris Sports anywhere in SM MOA or Glorietta. So these 3 gurls decided to have a little adventure in Glorietta 3.
 
We walk a bit from our office in King's Court down Dela Rosa and going right to Salcedo where FX were always on the line. The fare was Php13 already, the last time I checked it was Php12. The FX was bound for Landmark.

As we arrived in Landmark, we went for a window shopping of bags for a bit and then we went straight to Chris Sports in Glorietta. Actually, some detour happened because girls like us when we're in the MALL... going straight to the destination is not that fun at all. We have spotted this shop where Korean-inspired dresses were on sale and I treated myself for a FITTING on one of the dresses.

I considered it a tradition to fit some items just for fun. I used to remember a certain Grace Cacho during college days. It was ages ago but I couldn't let go the fun of going to the mall... fit some that catches your attention... who knows... the item is made for you. It's like kissing a lot of frog... to see if he's the prince. Hahaha.

It was a good thing that the Korean shop was stones-throw away from Chris Sports. It was about time to register ourselves so that we can have our kit. I saw the excitement in Bella and Glenda's eyes when they tried out the singlets for the run.

The RUN FOR LIFE in Alabang is a run for underprivileged children for Lifeline Foundations where your registration would count as help to further their community service. The registration is only Php450 for a 3k run and the singlet has a great design. The first time I saw it... I liked it right away. Oh believe me... I am a very picky person.

So after the regsitration... the night was still young and we are all famished. The food court in Glorietta seemed like a good idea to feed ourselves. The place was located near its cinemas so it wasn't hard to locate.

When we were there... I had the inspiration to try WORLD CHICKEN where they serve a quarter of grilled chicken and big portions of two side dishes. I picked Tuna Fettuccini and Espanol Rice with Farm Fresh Mushroom as its sauce. Boy I was full. The farm fresh sauce was great and the chicken was perfect. Your should try it once in a while when you're there... for Php158, you can be this petite girl who could eat a whole cow. (like me).

Glenda was always smiling when I kept repeating how delicious my meal was. Bella was in her quiet self of course but me... I can say that I was the loudest in the group. My stomach was full. My spirits were high. And I haven't had my dessert yet.

So while we were passing by Auntie Anne's, in commemorating also of Raymundo Girls, I just had to taste a bit of history once again. It was just one original-flavored pretzel (Php45) and one CREAM CHEESE dip (Php20). So... now you realized you're hungry huh?

It was fun having to hang out with friends in this familiar place. The shops were still the same. I have been coming to Glorietta for years and I kept going back to places where I left a piece of my heart. The cinema was inviting but we decided to call it a day.

Not before Bella saw this hammock tied into a single pole and her usual quiet self was not so quiet anymore when she leap  to sit on one of the hammocks. Bella's excitement was contagious as Glenda ride on one too. I had settled my enjoyment to take their picture instead.


Right: Bella, Left: Glenda