on Monday, May 16, 2011


May 14, 2011, Las Pinas Apartment

Tuwa... lungkot... bagot... tiis... sige lang... malapit na...

May continuation 'to... kapag napanood ko na ang Smallville Series Finale.

^__^


All the photo credits goes to http://smallville.wikia.com/
The videos are embedded in the Text Links

... cont'd

It was painstakingly prepared... the moment that I will say goodbye to Smallville. I had a long day... I got the episode 21-22 but I refused to watch it in my computer... I waited... I persevere... I practically did just about everything to avoid watching it too soon.

Then office hour has come by and I need to go home. I opened the door... cleaned my room... wash myself... sort my things... I'm nervous, that's how I am. I know it's enevitable... I haave to watch it and be done with it.

My pringles is ready... my Fit 'n Right is at my right side. Cellphone was put away for any disturbances....

It was the 2-hour finale I would never want to end. I have watched hundreds of movies in my entire life and there are movies that are so painful to watch you just want the movie to end. Believe me... Smallville Series Finale is not one of those movies.

So here I am trying to rationalize what is it about the 2-hour episode that made it special? Why not countdown some of the moments that lingered in your mind right?

So here is the list of my 5 moments...

Chloe and Oliver
1. First off! I always find Chloe and Oliver's romance as a definite genius. Not only because Chloe has been through a lot but also because Oliver was also able to find someone that could match him in everyway. As Chloe and Oliver are in the church, Chloe asked him if Oliver would've have gone through their marriage hadn't Zatanna put them under her spell... (Season 10, Episode 13)

And then he said these amazing words...

"It's the best decision I don;t remember making..." - Oliver, coming from the former playboy whose decision-making was honed through years and years of being CEO to Quinn Industries, who would've thought?

2. Clark was telling Lois that is she's not gonna marry him... then she'll have to leave him in the altar. Lois kept on dodging her destiny with him but Clark's words alone are so poetic you can't help melting. Perhaps Lois is imprevious to Clark's word power. Hahaha.

"Lois, you're not in my way... you're by mide side..." - Clark clarified to Lois the issue that she'll just get in the way of him saving more people.


3. The scene where Clark and Lois talked with the door between them. Seeing them talking about trials and hurdles... The exchange of words were so numerous but the scene alone stand by itself. Where would you see a guy talking to his girlfriend with the door in between them? Guys like that is hard to come by... ^___^


"And when it comes to love, I think it's like my dad always said about the army --  YOU ONLY SIGN UP IF IT'S THE ONLY THING YOU COULD EVER IMAGINE DOING... And Clark, I cannot imagine spening a moment of my life without you." - Lois




Wedding

4. The wedding is about to start and Lois just realized that Clark was not waiting in the altar... she halted for a while and then she felt Clark's hand closing on her... it was PERFECT. What came next was glorious as Clark saw his dad beside his mom... The song by Sara Bareilles with the tempo... the tune... even the words of saying goodbye WORKS.

5. Lex and Clark finally made it official that they are destined to be arch-enemies. Lex delivered this epic speech about heroes and villains of every story. the greatness of a hero is measured to the caliber of his enemy. And then they stared at each other... as if they had an understanding their rivalry would go on... and on... and on...

"The great men and women of the world have always been defined... by their enemies." - Lex



6. The part when Jor-el reminded Clark of his triumphs from his past trials... Since the day he started saving people... and then he had it in him to learn how to FLY. His recollection left him in the middle of the barn being thrown by Darkseid but he didn't hit the ground... HE FLEW. Wow. Later, he visited Jor-el in the fortress...

"Any father can only hope that he is one day humbled by the feats of his son."Any - Jor-el

And then he was given the suit and he flew out of the fortress flying while donning the suit... Haaay....

                                                                           Clark's flight
                                                                  
7. Lois was on the plane and it's about to crash when Superman saved the day by guiding Air Force One and getting it out of harm's way and then Lois was plastered in the window when she saw her man of steel flying... with his costume... and his devastating smaile... (do I hear a sigh?)

Hello Superman

8. Tender moments of Chloe and her son after she told the story of superman through a comic book. The little boy wanted another round of the story but his mother assured him that they'll be another day for such adventure... her son glanced at his bow and arrow... as if implying that he'll gonna carry on his father's (Oliver Quinn) legacy of being a hero himself.




I've been ready for 7 years
 9. It was 7 years later and Clark was completely successful in his disguise with the clumsiness and nerdiness... he and Lois bumped into each other and when it seemed that nobody is looking... they shared a romantic moment when it was revealed that they plan to finally tied the knot later that day when an emergency about a bomb on the other side of town was announce by a guy who also works in the Daily Planet.



10. Who wouldn't be excited about Clark going to the roof and do the iconic shedding of the disguise and readying to save the world. Up up and away Superman.
Superman
 I hope you enjoyed the journey as I have. It's hard to find another Smallville out there who would capture your heart and leave you wanting more... I just hope the wait of finding another thunder would be worth it. ^__^