on Saturday, June 18, 2011



June 18, 2011, 11:21pm, Sucat Home

I was late, super duper uber late as usual. The traffic along Zapote Road Alabang bound was so bad, we are stuck in the same spot in 20 minutes. Mavic was texting me where am I and I couldn't even begin to tell her I was "so near yet so far"... how worst can it get when you are at Alamanza and still it will take you at least 20 minutes to get to Alabang Town Center. I applaud Jeepney drivers, taxi drivers out there who were exposed to the test of patience and levelheadedness they have to go through every hour of the day.

5 hours in 5 locations.

So there I was finding my way to MRS. FIELDS where Mavic was patiently waiting. She already had her coffee and some brownie. We talk a bit while we sat there. We changed venues because it was hot in the area. As usual coffee is the beverage of choice. How can you ask for a beer at 4pm in the afternoon right?

We had to hang out in STARBUCKS because the looonnnggg talk ahead is looming at me. I had my Cappuccino and my Mango Cheesecake ready to start of the conversation. We were catching up of course. Had Maju, Kaye and Zharl had been there, we would've been so loud while taking. It was three months since we met. That time I was out of my luck, spiraling on my depression and very very thin.

Anything can happen in 3 months. I feed myself now, I eat real food and I marvel at the little things that make life worthwhile. I was unexpectedly HAPPY.

Mavic seemed to notice it too. After coffee, we decided to take a walk and shop. We stopped by many stores where items were on sale. Mango, Plains and Prints, Top Shop and Mav's favorite store Apple and Eve.

I saw this rocker chick jacket that I would've had for Php800 but I pass up the chance to make it mine. There was no black in stock and I won't settle for anything less.

Then as Mavic was craving for some DQ (Dairy Queen), I readily complied and we spent an hour just continuing our talk. She ordered Strawberry Shake and I tried out Dilly Bar. Naturally, I would order Mango  Cheesecake but I had them already when we were in Starbucks. Mavic was looking for some wifi zone because she wants to check in to the place in Facebook, but she couldn't find any available signal.

We had to continue our walk and talk as we pass by many shops in Alabang Town Center. I realized that I like the place because it's new to me. I had the pleasure of being here 3 months ago with Mavic also but we didn't stroll or shop, we just talked at that time. And I could remember exactly that I had no inclination of enjoying the place... I really was a different person back then.


Now... as I pass by stores of clothes, sports goods and bakery stores... I enjoyed every moment of it. Did I say Bakery Store? Yep, we had to stop by BREADTALK because Mavic is gonna take home some goods to her family. While in there, I bask into piles and entrees of bakery goodness you could buy a piece. It was great. I thought of buying one but I gave her the thunder... after all, I had just a thing in mind to take home to my mom.


AMICI. Amici was first introduced to me by my boss Mady. He was so very enthusiastic at this place in Don Bosco that he had to treat the Barlines Family to have lunch there years ago. Since then, I planned on taking home one of their pizza because it tastes heavenly. ^___^

After 5 hours, we had to say goodbye because it was getting late. I told her that we should do this more often to check up on each other. Girls have to stick together right? My mom has girlfriends and maybe that's what I got from her too.

Right now, we have gotten close. I get her, she gets me. It's not about the shopping or the eating... it's all about the talk. You shop while you talk... you eat while you talk... and after that long talk we are once again ready to make decisions based on the enlightenment we got from our talk.

It was not the matter of who wins the discussion or that who has the upper hand. Girl talk is about you having a SAY in the situation and the other counters... and both of you could learn from each other's perspective. Ahem.

I always see Mavic as this sensible girl and today, she once again reinforced her status of being a supergirlfriend.