on Friday, July 22, 2011


Written May 26, 2011. YES, 2 MONTHS AGO.

Guess what? I will be 6 years here in Barlines and I've had my share of great colleagues and even greater teachers. I had my position here which was as a trainee way back June 6, 2005. The first time I walked in to submit my resume... Yna, the Administrative officer mistook me to a lost teenage girl. She had to pry twice that they were looking for a civil engineer... and I had to insist twice that I am an civil engineer.

My journey was tough at first. I had started my trainee months with a good amount of yelling and scolding from my superiors. I hadn't regretted what I had done then and I won't now. It became a part of me.

What was I doing? I'm not writing this to tell a story about me. This is about the people I have worked with. I hope you all enjoy my divulging of private people. It's unintentional so get over yourself. These are paid compliments... if you are one of those listed below and you did not like what I have written, feel free to message me and we can work something out. ^___^

Buckle up because we got the youngest employee here...

The RAINMAKER. Rebecca C. Naturally, Miss Cruz is untouchable. She should be devoid of worries on all jobs done and all that are pending. Her main role got all her time already from juggling two accounts which are PHILS and US financing department.


Then there's also two great guys.

The BENDER. Kuya Rey. He was spearheading the fabrication of rebar in our sister company Barlines Reinforcing. He stays our of the office but once in a while he spends his time in the office to go through jobs i the Philippines.

The CONGRESSMAN. Manong Zaldy is the best messenger you can find. He knows Makati by heart and he can even get you coffee blind-folded. He is called congressman in King's Court because he acts like one. Approachable and eager to booth.

And then there's the BIG FOUR.

The FUTURE. It's not figuratively... it's literally. They are the future of Barlines. They may start out weak and grasping for knowledge but each has its own contribution to the group. I always see Chiemi as this tough gal who could handle columns... in line with her would be Glenda who is training to be the beam expert. Then there's Chris who Mady wants to clone and there's also the big brother JKris of the group who shows such promise I can't even begin to start telling you. =P (Bolang bola na ba?)




The ALL-AROUNDer. Joenrick A. He is both a detailer and an estimator. Sometimes, you'll find a hard time determining if he is doing a detailing job of rushing off an estimating assignment. The great thing about this guy... HE IS GOOD IN BOTH. Especially if you're yelling. You might want to give him post-it notes once in a while, he gets jealous on some guys being given one and he doesn't get any. Surely he know he is always appreciated by me, some things are better left unsaid ano Jun-Jun? =P



The OPTIMUS SHEARER. Bryan P. Like Joenrick, he is a well-rounded guy when it comes to tasks. The only thing that drives you mad with him is that he tends to see to everything you need that you forget that he also has responsibilities. He is both ans estimator and a detailer which I couldn't even do at the same time but he is handling it well. Hmp. Since the absence of Dennis, he started doing the Optimum Shearing task for bidding on Philippines Jobs. With the amount of work this guys could do... he can replace me anytime. How do I deserve someone like you? ^___^

The BREAD QUEEN. Yna B. Who would protest that this morena beauty would rule the kingdom of detailer and estimators out there? Wala. She has always had our back and even done things for us to the T. Yna is the best officer to discipline you with log-ins and phone call logs. She even crossed Ts with Mady if its necessary. She is our Queen. Go bow down people. =P



Me? I'm the noise... I'm the loud... I'm the prodigal daughter who chose to leave this all behind.


Love you guys. Don't ask me if I miss you... I don't. I love being a BUM. Haha.