on Wednesday, July 20, 2011


July 1, 2011. Midnight and smoking... playing my guitar... and writing.

I know it seems a bit late... I know that at times, I may be blind... oblivious… clueless… but with my weakness… I have my strengths. And one of those is the ability to retain as much memory as possible.

I don’t easily forget… I remember things… lots of things… and one thing I do remember is give tribute to one of person who has been so… you know what, why don’t we countdown his flaws instead?


10 things I hate about Bryan

10. I hate it when he patronizes. He does that all the time to people. Yna enjoys it because she’s that open and very much childlike (no offense to her, I love that about her). But me? I tend to get uneasy maybe because apart from my family… I don’t expect that on people. I am raised to GET MYSELF THE THINGS I WANT... BY MYSELF. That’s how I see things… and Bryan’s selflessness is so unbelievable. I feel pampered and I hate it. Hehehe. (Crazy me)

9. I hate it when he seems to know nothing. And then all of the sudden… here he is… surprising you with the things he know… with the things he has gone through… I can predict people at times and when I am surprised, that means I AM SURPRISED. ^___^

8. I hate it that he is one of those people that I have the courage to shed my tough side and cry my heart out. Maybe because of our years working together… maybe because I know that our friendship is like my friendship with other guys. No malice… no romantic notions… just plain being there… helping you through it and even volunteers his girlfriend to be the “CURE” to my slipping sanity. All those times in Las Pinas that I felt like the world is coming to an end… that wake up call was all it took for this petite girl to get back up. Although I haven’t expressed it enough, thank you Bryan and thank you Rose. =P

7. I hate it when he scolds me about a certain taboo TOPIC. I know he looks out of my well-being but sometimes, a girl talks about things to make her immune… but at times, I know that avoiding that TOPIC is also helpful. So I hate him for seeing that side of things that I am blind to... because I should have thought about it… and he beats me to it.

6. I hate it when he leaves a note and you know he’s got your back. Because as a girl who strives hard to be her own person and not rely on others… it’s the little things that gets to you when you’re on the precipice of being tough and yet be soft because you have friends that care. I don’t want to want to rely on others and he has shown several times that whatever I do… whatever happens… he’s a friend that stays…

5. I hate it when he asks questions. Maybe because I know in my heart he already know the answer but he just wants to VERIFY that we are on the same wavelength. But then again, when you trust somebody that he has already learned everything there is to learn about our line of work… you don’t want him to VERIFY anything… I want to tell him that HE IS GREAT and I HAVE EVERY FAITH that he will lead our pack of engineers to the next Golden Age… the only sad thing is that I won’t be there to see it.

4. I hate it when he shows CARE among the guys in our operation department. I guess he knows that I might eat the guys alive when delivering my instructions and he wants to be there to act as a buffer. But then again when you look at it… it gives comfort to those guys who are afraid of me… who are afraid of my wrath… He makes me look like I’m the bad guy but I love it nonetheless because that’s how I want others to see me… because when it comes to work, it should be serious… unforgiving and ruthless. And I want to instill it to the guys and Bryan is also teaching them that kindness that I could never teach. Not me. Hehehe.


3. I hate it that he is one of the people I hate leaving in BARLINES. It is common knowledge that Yna and Mady are included. But Bryan is one person who I hated leaving because I would want to witness the rise of the new blood with Chiemi, Chris, Glenda and Jkris. I would want to see how he will be able to do it with the help of Joenrick. I have no doubt that they can do it... but it bums me to know that I’m not going to be a part of it. Damn. =P

2. I hate it when he uses his rain checks to bail out on a night out. But when you get to know Rose (his girlfriend)… perhaps you would understand how devoted he is and how sweet at fetching his girlfriend. It’s like watching a love story flourish minus your petty “tampo” because he can’t be there. And in a way, you are happy that they work. (Hi Rose)

1. I hate it when he tends to do everything and not allow others to do something for him. I want to tell him that he needn’t prove that he deserves the position he is in now. I want to tell him that it’s okay to leave things are… and it’s okay to rely on people… (That is an advice from someone who tends to not rely on people too). Seriously… Bryan… you don’t have to do everything… and don’t be afraid failing… because in failure rises a great leader… (like ME, hay… ang yabang ko talaga…)

My brother and I always conspire on mischievous acts… we dominated… we triumphed… and that is how I have grown to be hard and sometimes rude. And thanks to him… I have this side of me who kicks butt although not literally.

You on the other hand, you have shown me that you don’t have to be hard-hitting to be respected… you don’t have to boss around like I always do to get to the point. And thanks to you… I can now have this side that can be a girly-girly and then I’ll strike when everybody is not looking. (Just Kidding)… Thanks to you… my faith in people is reinforced.


I will stand by you just as AUSTONIAN STOOD BY SPRING TOWER.



So here is the challenge... 

Grab it... embrace it... like they did... like I did...

Be the leader you thought you will never be...

Because I am betting on you to succeed.